Sunday 4 September 2016

#PawPromise Adoptable Dog of the Week: Malcolm

Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 12.21.38 PM

Malcolm

Hi! My name is Malcolm, but between you and me I think my moniker should be Pavarotti or Caruso, because– like so many of my fellow Treeing Walker Coonhounds– I long to be a great opera singer. Some people insist on calling the crooning of a coonhound baying, but if they listened closely they would hear that we are really performing Puccini's “Nessun Dorma”!


Malcolm 2While I'm still perfecting my pitch, I already possess the powerful booming baritone voice that would sound great in an opera house. But until the day comes when I can walk on to the stage of The Met, maybe I can serenade you at your house? (I hope you don't live close to your neighbors…not everyone appreciates the talent of a vocal virtuoso!)


While I have trained to be Placido Domingo with paws, I didn't begin behavioral training until I arrived at my foster home. Not to brag or anything, but I'm discovering that I'm a dog of many talents! I've mastered the commands for “sit,” “lay down” and “shake” and now I'm learning how to fetch and walk on a leash! So go by Indigo Rescue in Beaverton, Oregon and ask to see Malcolm– hearing the word “adopted” would be music to my ears!


Adopting Malcolm


Two-year-old Malcolm needs to live in a home with a secure, six-foot tall wooden fence, as he has been known to climb fences. A shy guy who can be a bit skittish when it comes to initial meetings with new people or dealing with new situations, Malcolm should not be placed in a home with young children. Malcolm enjoys the company of other canines, but when it comes to cats his instinct kicks in, making him chase after them if they run.


Already neutered and up to date with his vaccinations, Malcolm is just one of the many dogs, cats, puppies and kittens who have received a new lease on life thanks to Indigo Rescue's network of fosters. Established in 1998, the Beaverton, Oregon non-profit organization saves many companion animals who are deemed unadoptable at shelters by finding them forever families who live within a 30 mile radius of Portland.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar Purchases!


Ten percent of the week's proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the dog and cat of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and more!


Photo Credit: Indigo's Rescue/ PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment