Sunday 18 September 2016

Adoptable Dog of the Week: Bueller, Beaverton, OR

screen-shot-2016-09-18-at-12-04-32-pm

bueller

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” Hi! My name is Bueller, and that quote from my favorite movie is my motto in life. I guess you could say that Ferris Bueller is my spirit animal (or should that be spirit human?), and like the school-skipping student I was named after, I'm always ready to dig up an adventure. Care to join me?


While in the movie Ferris Bueller rigged up an elaborate scheme in order to enjoy a day of play outside, I've been known to take a more direct approach. I must confess that I've earned a reputation as a “door darter.” When I was was stuck in the shelter all I could think about was rolling around in the grass and soaking up the sun, so whenever I saw an opportunity to sneak out, I took it! (I've often wondered if anyone who wondered where I was called out “Bueller….Bueller….Bueller.”) I even did a runner when someone at the shelter tried to adopt me, and when a stranger tried to stop me I panicked and bit him. Please don't hold that against me, though…how would you react if someone you didn't know grabbed you when all you wanted to do was go outside and have some fun?


Since I want to be just like my favorite movie character, I would love to share my adventures with my best gal pal, a Dachshund/Chihuahua named Calypso. She is the Sloane to my Ferris! We are currently staying at the same foster home, where we get to play all day. She's high-energy, just like me, and also like me she can be a bit on the shy side until she gets to know you.


calypso


If you are looking for a little excitement in your life, contact Indigo Rescue and ask to see me! I hope to see you soon! Until then, “Danke schoen/auf wiedersehen/ danke schoen…”


Adopting Bueller


Bueller, a young Scottish Terrier mix, and his friend Calypso (a one-year-old Dachshund/Chihuahua who gave birth to a litter of puppies the night that she was saved from the streets) have been spayed/neutered and are up-to-date with their vaccinations. They are just two of the many dogs, cats, puppies and kittens who have been given a new lease on life thanks to the network of fosters at Indigo Rescue. Located in Beaverton, Oregon, the non-profit helps to save the lives of many companion animals who would be deemed unadoptable at many shelters.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar Purchases!


Ten percent of the week's proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the dog and cat of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and much more!


Here I am on a play date with Calypso! The clip also includes a cameo by Durango, another righteous dude saved by Indigo Rescue:



Photo Credit: Indigo Rescue/ PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment