Sunday 11 September 2016

Adoptable Dog of the Week: Sarge, Beaverton, Oregon

screen-shot-2016-09-11-at-12-00-22-pm

sarge

Ten-hut! If you are looking to welcome a dog into your heart and home and have chosen the option of pet adoption, I salute you! My name is Sarge, and I'm a 'Major' cutie.


sarge-2A big guy with an equally big heart, I'm 85 lbs. of pure fun! I've never met a toy I didn't like, and I would love to march around the neighborhood with my favorite human. I'm also as astute as I am adorable, and am very good at following commands (especially if there's a treat involved). I have already mastered “sit” and “down,” and I'm house-trained to boot!


As you can see, I'm a very special dog, but I'm also a dog with special needs. For one thing, while I can run around and play with the best of them, I have a genetic issue with my back legs which makes me knock-kneed and duck footed. My minor disability makes me feel vulnerable around dogs who are domineering (although I get along great with playful pups) and adds to my nervous nature. I take medication for my anxiety, which has been a big help, but I have to admit that I'm still scared of going to the veterinarian or taking a bath. What I really need to be fear free is an understanding pet parent who will give me the command “at ease.”


Already neutered and up-to-date with his vaccinations, Sarge- a two-year-old Great Dane mix– is just one of the many dogs, cats, puppies and kittens who have received a new lease on life thanks to Indigo Rescue. Located in Beaverton, Oregon, the non-profit consists of a network of caring fosters who have saved the lives of many companion animals who would be deemed unadoptable at many shelters.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar Purchases!


Ten percent of the week's proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the cat and dog of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and more!


Photo Credit: Indigo Rescue/PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment