Sunday 21 August 2016

#PawPromise Adoptable Dog of the Week: Chaparro

Chaparro

Chaparro

Hey there! I'm Chaparro, which means “short.” Personally, I don't think people call me that because of my stature…I think it's my name because I'm nothing short of amazing!


Chaparro 2I bet I know what it was about me that caught your eye…it was my pretty peepers, right? I have corneal dystrophy, which doesn't affect my sight, but in the words of a country classic, don't it make my brown eyes blue! In fact, in the right light I think I bear a striking resemblance to Paul Newman!


As a dog with movie star good looks, I lap up the limelight wherever I go. I like to promenade outdoors to greet my adoring public whenever I can, and my fans love to lavish me with attention. Sometimes I want to say “No pawtographs, please!” because I really just want to share some special one on one time with my favorite human.


I have to admit that I'm more of a romantic leading man than an action hero. Because I'm a Beagle with some Dachshund thrown in for good measure, I have to be careful with my back. I shouldn't be jumping or walking up and down stairs, but I like to think of my restrictions as a good excuse for a cuddle in your arms as you sweep me off my feet to help me out!


Already neutered and up to date with his vaccinations, eight-year-old Chaparro is just one of the many dogs, cats, puppies and kittens (like Sadie and best buds Charlie Brown and Angel) in the care of DogTipper's PawPromise Rescue of the Month, Friends for Life in Houston, Texas. As the city's fastest growing shelter, the no-kill animal adoption and rescue shelter saves the lives of many companion animals who would be deemed unadoptable by most shelters due to age, physical disabilities or breed discrimination.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar Purchases!


Ten percent of the week's proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the dog and cat of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and more!


Photo Credit: Friends for Life/PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment