Sunday 14 August 2016

#PawPromise Adoptable Dog of the Week: Sadie

Sadie

Sadie 3

Hello! I'm Sadie. Did you know that my name means “princess”? My favorite fairy tale princess is Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, because on the day when I was found sleeping on a neighbor's doorstep it started me on the road to turning my dream of finding a forever pet parent to love from reverie into reality!


Sadie 2I have all the personality traits that a princess in a fairy story should possess– I'm kind-hearted, sociable and a true friend to children, adults and other dogs (although cats are a whole other story.) I'm also a beauty with brains… I already know a lot of commands and enjoy learning new things. All I need are rawhides to chew on, balls to chase, and a loving home, and I'll live happily ever after!


A two-year-old, 49-pound English Bulldog mix who has been spayed and is up to date on her vaccinations, Sadie is just one of the many dogs, puppies, cats and kittens who are receiving a new lease on life thanks to Friends for Life in Houston, Texas. (Last week's #PawPromise Adoptables of the Week, Charlie Brown and Angel, are also at Friends for Life!) The fastest-growing shelter in Houston, the no-kill animal adoption and rescue shelter– which saves the lives of many companion animals who would be considered unadoptable by most shelters due to age, physical disabilities or breed discrimination– houses dogs in large rooms complete with skylights and sniff holes, and cats in large cageless rooms furnished with built-in climbers.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar Purchases!


Ten percent of the week's proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the dog and cat of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and more!


Photo Credit: Friends for Life/ PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment