Sunday 2 October 2016

Adoptable Dog of the Week: Zelda, Eden Prairie, MN

screen-shot-2016-10-02-at-11-28-06-am

zelda-2

Hi! I'm Zelda. During my days in a Missouri shelter I was known as Bonnie Blue, but I felt that I needed a different name to better suit my bubbly personality. Now I'm called Zelda, just like that famous Flapper from The Jazz Age, Zelda Fitzgerald.


zeldaThe novelist I'm named after once penned the words “She refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn't boring.” If I didn't know better I would think she had written that line to describe me! I'm a high energy gal who can always dig up adventure, and you can usually find me fetching tennis balls or running around the yard with my four-pawed pals. I love the company of two-legged companions as well, and would enjoy living in a home with older children.


While I don't mean to brag, when it comes to learning I'm the bee's knees! I've just graduated from Basic Obedience at Twin Cities Obedience Training Club. Although my conduct is commendable, I have to confess that I haven't completely overcome my herding dog instincts and have been known to nip a bit, and my booming bark means that I shouldn't take up residence in an apartment.


Please spread the word that I'm looking for a forever home and help me turn the page to a new chapter in my life!


Adopting Zelda


A one-year-old Australian Cattle Dog mix, Zelda is hoping to soon be one of the more than 10,400 dogs, cats, puppies, kittens and other companion animals who have found a special someone to love thanks to Secondhand Hounds' network of fosters. Established in 2009, the Eden Prairie, Minnesota-based non-profit organization saves our four-legged friends who are facing their fate in high kill shelters and takes in the furry family members of guardians who are no longer able to care for them. Secondhand Hounds adopts to residents living in the Dakotas, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar Purchases!


Ten percent of the week's proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the adoptable dog and cat of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and much more!


Look at me! I've literally been having a ball at my foster home!



Photo Credit: Secondhand Hounds; PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment