Sunday 9 October 2016

Adoptable Dog of the Week: Pigeon in Minnesota

screen-shot-2016-10-09-at-12-44-42-pm

pigeon


Hi! My name is Pigeon, and I'll be as happy as a lark when I find a forever family who will take me under their wing!


pigeon-2I was found in an Oklahoma shelter, but I 'flew the coop' with help from Secondhand Hounds. I'm currently roosting in a foster home, and while I still get a bit jumpy when I hear a loud noise, overall I think that I've taken to home life like a duck to water! In fact, you might call this Pigeon a lovebird, because I live to give pooch smooches and snuggle with my favorite humans (especially if they give me a belly rub!)


As I'm only one year old and still a spring chicken, I know that I still have a lot to learn. Right now I am being house- and crate-trained by my foster parent. When I get adopted by new family they will think that I'm as wise as an owl!


So if you think that we are birds of a feather, contact Secondhand Hounds and say that you would like to meet me. I would be as proud as a peacock to be a member of your family!


Adopting Pigeon


An Australian Cattle Dog/Terrier, Pigeon is just one of the many dogs, cats, puppies and kittens who are one step closer to finding their forever home thanks to Secondhand Hounds' network of fosters. Since its start in 2009 more than 10,400 of our four-legged friends have found forever families to love due to the diligent work of the Eden Prairie, Minnesota-based non-profit organization, which rescues companion animals from kill shelters and takes in pets who are relinquished by their guardian. Residents of the Dakotas Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin are eligible to adopt from Secondhand Hounds.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar purchases!


Ten percent of the week's proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the adoptable dog and cat of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and more!


Photo Credit: Secondhand Hounds/PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment