Sunday 17 April 2016

#PawPromise Adoptable Dog of the Week: Felicia

Adoptable dog Felicia

Felicia

Hi! I'm Felicia. I've been told that my name means “happy” or “lucky,” which describes me to a T. I'm so happy that I've been lucky enough to be given a new “leash” on life!


Felicia 2While I'm safe and sound now, my rescuer found me abandoned in a box on the side of a road. My baby Felix was with me, and while I was doing my best to protect him I was so relieved when the kind humans at CARA reached out to help me. Now that my little one has found his forever home I'm looking for a pet parent to call my own!


Already spayed and up-to-date on her vaccinations, Felicia–a sweet natured 2- 1/2-year-old Pointer/Australian Cattle Dog– would like to live in a home without other companion animals.


Felicia is just one of the many dogs, cats, puppies and kittens who are one step closer to finding forever pet parents thanks to Community Animal Rescue & Adoption, Inc. (CARA). Established in 2001, the Jackson, Mississippi-based no-kill shelter provides comfort and care each day to approximately 300 canines and 120 cats.


Friends of Fidos and felines in the area who are currently unable to adopt a new fur baby can still help CARA's adorable adoptables through the non-profit's Adopt a Leash program, which is a one-year donation commitment to a dog or cat who is over a year old. Mississippi devotees of dogs can also help the paws cause by bringing their canine companion to Bree's Bark Park, which is located next to CARA. For a $44 membership fee per quarter Rover can romp in a 1.68 acre fenced-in pup playground complete with a splash pool, built-in benches and walking paths.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar Purchases!


Ten percent of the week's proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the adoptable dog and cat of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and more!


Photo Credit: Community Animal Rescue & Adoption, Inc. (CARA)/ PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment