Sunday 13 March 2016

#PawPromise Adoptable Dog of the Week: Twiggy

Twiggy 2

Twiggy

Hi! My name is Twiggy, just like the famous model from the swinging sixties. I may not get the chance to strut like a supermodel on the catwalk, but I dream of the day when I get to walk into the forever home of a loving pet parent!


Twiggy 2I’m an exotic beauty, and I’ve been told that my family tree includes Rat Terriers, Chihuahuas, Beagles and Pinschers.


I strive to maintain a fit figure, and while you may not know it from looking at me, I recently gave birth to six fur babies! All of my pups are pretty (they take after their Momma!), and now they are old enough to find human families to love.


I love to greet my adoring public when anyone stops by my kennel by wagging my tail and striking poses with my playthings. I have to admit, however, that deep down I am shy. Maybe that’s because life hasn’t always been squeaky toys and comfy beds for me. Before I came to Animal Care Society I found myself at a high-kill rural shelter.


So, if you’re looking for a beautiful barking buddy who knows that friendship and loyalty are always in fashion, come and meet me!


Twiggy, who is current on her vaccinations, is just one of the many dogs, cats, puppies and kittens receiving TLC at Animal Care Society. Louisville, Kentucky’s first no-kill animal shelter, the non-profit organization has united more than 8,000 homeless companion animals with forever families since opening its doors in 1984.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar Purchases!


Ten percent of the week’s proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the adoptable dog and cat of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and more!


Photo Credit: Animal Care Society/ PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment