Sunday 5 June 2016

#PawPromise Adoptable Dog of the Week: Truman

Truman

Truman

Hi! My name is Truman, just like the 33rd President of the United States. I may never get to live in The White House, but I hope to win the position of First Fido in a forever home this Pawsidential year!


Truman 2I've been told that I'm a very smart boy! I'm house trained, I've learned how to “sit” and, like all politicians, I know how to shake hands (or, in my case, paws!) I'm a mellow fellow, although I can feel uneasy in new situations. I would probably unwind a lot faster if I had a four-pawed pal to play with in my new home! So contact Homeward Trails Animal Rescue to meet me, and to paraphrase the famous man I was named after: “If you want a friend in Washington (or Virginia, or Maryland!), get a dog!”


A three-year-old Hound, Truman has been neutered and is up to date with his vaccinations. Heartworm positive, Truman is in need of treatment to be rid of the parasites.


Truman is just one of the many dogs, cats, puppies and kittens who are one step closer to finding a forever home thanks to Homeward Trails Animal Rescue. Saving 1,431 dogs and 853 cats in 2015 alone, since 2001 the Arlington, Virginia-based non-profit organization has rescued companion animals who are facing their fate in high-kill shelters in Virginia, Washington, DC and Maryland.


Help the Adoptables of the Week with Your PawZaar Purchases!


Ten percent of the week's proceeds from purchases in our PawZaar store will be donated to help the adoptable dog and cat of the week. Help with your purchases of our pet-friendly jewelry, bags, cookie cutters, and more!


Photo Credit: Homeward Trails Animal Rescue/ PetFinder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment